Great news for the Seattle Sounders
- Seattle Sounders FC takes Steve Zakuani off disabled list (prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com)
- Here is Sounders FC’s roster through the end of the MLS Cup on Dec. 7 (blogs.seattletimes.com)
- Sounders FC vs. Real Salt Lake, preview and prediction (blogs.seattletimes.com)
- Sounders FC signs midfielder Blair Gavin (blogs.seattletimes.com)
- PST: Seattle Sounders FC takes Steve Zakuani off disabled list (prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com)
For the first time since early June, Seattle Sounders FC midfielder Steve Zakuani is officially eligible to play in Major League Soccer games. His club removed him from the Disabled List on Thursday, exactly three months after he had successful sports hernia surgery to repair his athletic pubalgia.
After training Thursday, head coach Sigi Schmid listed him among players who would not be available for Friday’s clash with Real Salt Lake, but it seems Zakuani could play a role in the run-in to the playoffs. Zakuani’s bad luck with injuries continued in early 2013, two years after a horrific broken leg and in the first season since making a full recovery.
It’s been a frustrating season for the winger, who failed to generate much momentum at the start due to further small injuries and illness. In 468 minutes over six games in March and April, Zakuani managed just one…
View original post 14 more words